A Show of Yorkshire Pork
MAKES 4 PORTIONS
- 250g x belly pork
- 2 x 200g pork fillets
- 4 x cumberland sausages
- 1 x savoy cabbage
- 4 x baking potatoes
- beef stock
- duck fat
- Cover the belly pork with beef stock (enough to cover the meat) and braise for 1 hour then leave to cool in stock.
- Cut your potatoes into perfect circles that are approx 3-4cm thick.
- Put 4 slices of butter in the bottom of a pan, place potato circles on top then cover with the cold stock from the meat and top up with cider to cover potatoes.
- Boil until stock reduces to a syrup, leave to cool in a pan.
- Slice cabbage as finely as possible, cover with duck fat and simmer for approx 7-8 minutes.
- Seal the pork fillets and roll in butter until cooked.
- Oven bake the sausages until golden.
- Make sure everything is hot and serve in your own style.
PREPARATION TIME 2HRS